TeamConnor Childhood Cancer Foundation funds all varieties of childhood cancer research. We are proud to have awarded more than one million dollars in funding in the last four years. To become a recipient of funding, please become acquainted with our purpose and our interests below.
What We Will Fund
The TeamConnor Childhood Cancer Foundation supports innovative research and promising clinical trials that have the potential to immediately impact the lives of childhood cancer patients.
We are interested in funding researchers who:
- Have outstanding clinical treatment ideas relevant to today’s childhood cancer patients and are without clinical trial support from the NIH or other cancer research agencies.
- Are driven to deliver new and better treatment options for their childhood cancer patients today through clinical trial studies.
- Grants range from $20,000 to $150,000 per year.
- TCCF will consider renewal grants
- Recipients will have the opportunity to attend and speak at TCCF events.
- Recipients may choose to include equipment to enhance research work, up to $10,000.
- Each application is independently reviewed by the VP of Grants and the Executive Director. The applications that include all proposal requirements and that align with the TeamConnor mission will then be passed to the TeamConnor Medical Advisory Board.
- The Medical Advisory Board will analyze and rank each grant application independently. The grant applications that receive a fundable score are presented at the Board of Director’s meeting.
- TeamConnor’s Board of Directors will review the recommendations from the Medical Advisory Board and determine final grant awards. Applications receive the funding, begin their research and file appropriate progress reports throughout the life of the grant.
Both new and established researchers are encouraged to apply. All established researchers requesting funds should show how their project is a departure from ongoing funded work. New projects may be an extension of other work but cannot overlap any funded studies unless the applicant clearly demonstrates that new funding will not duplicate existing support.
- Applications that do not follow the grant applications guidelines and/or submission process will not be considered.
- Resubmissions: Only two (2) resubmissions of a previously viewed application are permitted.
- Indirect costs are not allowed.
- Limited funding of technicians or trainees will be considered, but is not preferred.
- Applications which do not fall under the TCCF mission will not be considered.
Guidelines for Submission
Please include the following information using NIH grant guidelines:
1. Cover Page (1 page)
2. NIH Biographical Sketches for key personnel
3. Facility and Lay Summary (1 page)
4. Full proposal of specific program(s) for which funds are sought, to include the following: (limit to 2 pages)
5. Project budget (see attached 2 page format)
6. Funding and Purpose (1 page total)
a. Amount of funding requested from TCCF
b. Please list and/or describe other sources of active and/or pending grant support
c. Purpose: Please describe how your proposed research project will be unique and applicable to the TeamConnor mission of helping to improve the treatment of childhood cancer, either through direct clinical impact or advancements in the pre-clinical spectrum that hold promise for novel therapies. (1-2 paragraphs)
For proposal submissions, please note the following:
In order to assure that every application can be fully reviewed on a timely basis, the following deadlines and procedures have been established. While every effort will be made to review and submit late applications, final submission to the Executive Director is required on or before Friday, September 27, 2013.
- Proposals must be received at the Foundation by 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date. Proposals may be submitted either on paper or by e-mail.
- Please limit application to 7 pages (plus no more than 5 pages per NIH Biographical Sketch).
- Proposals may not be faxed.
- For proposal submissions by e-mail: The proposal and all attachments must be combined into one PDF or Word document.
- For proposal submissions by paper: Two copies of the proposal and attachments need be submitted. Please do not staple or bind proposal or attachments. Submit all information on letter-sized paper (8 1/2 x 11 inches).
- Award Notification Date – Mid December 2013
Please contact Jennifer Bolton at 972-663-7327 if you have any questions about your grant application or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email proposals to email@example.com. Send or deliver hard copies of grant proposals to:
TeamConnor Childhood Cancer Foundation
Attention: Jennifer Koi Bolton
Two Lincoln Centre
5420 LBJ Freeway, Suite 1300
Dallas, Texas 75240
Sign up to comment in the forums, on posts, and receive our newsletters.