TeamConnor Childhood Cancer Foundation funds all varieties of childhood cancer research. We are proud to have awarded almost a million dollars in funding in the last three years. To become a recipient of funding, please become acquainted with our purpose and our interests below.
What we will fund
The TeamConnor Childhood Cancer Foundation supports innovative research and promising clinical trials that have the potential to immediately impact the lives of childhood cancer patients in a positive way.
We are interested in funding researchers who:
- Have outstanding clinical treatment ideas relevant to today’s childhood cancer patients and are without clinical trial support from the NIH or other cancer research agencies.
- Are driven to deliver new and better treatment options for their childhood cancer patients today through clinical trial studies.
- Grants range from $20,000 to $150,000 per year
- TCCF will consider multi-year grants
- Recipient will have the opportunity to attend and speak at TCCF events
- Recipients may choose to include equipment to enhance lab/project work up to $10,000
- Each application is independently reviewed by the VP of Grants and the Executive Director. The applicants who demonstrate that their project is in line with TeamConnor’s mission and vision and follows all proposal requirements will then be passed to the TeamConnor Medical Advisory Board.
- The Medical Advisory Board will analyze and rank each grant application independently. The grant applications that receive a fundable score are presented at the next Board of Director’s meeting.
- TeamConnor’s Board of Directors will review the recommendations from the Medical Advisory Board and determine final grant awards. Applicants receive the funding, begin their research, and file appropriate progress reports throughout the life of the grant.
Both new and established researchers are encouraged to apply. All established researchers requesting funds should show how their project is a departure from ongoing funded work. New projects may be an extension of other work but cannot overlap any funded studies unless the applicant clearly demonstrates that new funding will not duplicate existing support.
- Resubmissions: Only two (2) resubmissions of a previously viewed application are permitted.
- Indirect costs are not allowed.
- Applications which do not fall into TCCF’s mission will not be considered.
- Applications not following the guidelines and submission process or are received after the due date will not be considered.
Guidelines for Submission
In order to assure that every application can be appropriately and fully reviewed and submitted on a timely basis, the following deadlines and procedures have been established. While every effort will be made to review and submit late applications, final submission to the VP of Grants for applications received after these dates cannot be guaranteed. The deadline for all grant proposals and submissions for 2013 will be posted in the summer.
Please include the following information in the grant proposal:
- Facility name
- Applying Researcher and Key Contact Person (if not Researcher)
- Bio sketches for key personnel
- Mailing address / phone / fax / website address / Key Contact Person’s e-mail address
- Brief hospital or research facility description (one paragraph)
- Brief description of specific program(s) for which funds are sought. (limited to two paragraphs)
- Full proposal of specific program(s) for which funds are sought (limited to two pages)
- Project budget (see attached format)
- Amount of funding requested
For proposal submissions, please note the following:
- Proposals must be received at the Foundation by 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date. Proposals may be submitted either on paper or by e-mail.
- Please submit proposals no longer than five pages in length. Additional pages can be submitted with the contact info, biographies, and brief history if the grant proposal itself is five pages in length.
- Proposals may not be faxed.
- For proposal submissions by e-mail:
- The proposal and all attachments must be combined into one PDF or Word document.
- For proposal submissions by paper:
- Two copies of the proposal and attachments need be submitted.
- Please do not staple or bind proposal or attachments.
- Submit all information on letter-sized paper (8 1/2 x 11 inches).
- Award Notification Date – Mid December 2013
Please contact Jennifer Bolton at 972-663-7327 if you have any questions about your grant application or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email proposals to email@example.com. Send or deliver hard copies of grant proposals to:
TeamConnor Childhood Cancer Foundation
Attention: Jennifer Koi Bolton
5420 LBJ Freeway, Ste. 1300
Dallas, Texas 75240